RE: Cement Certifications

Fineness is a big deal with regard to heat of hydration.  The C150 is pretty
loose in this regard.

In this country the C150 cement is self policing because of the cement
shortage.  Our cement producers want to grind it as little as possible (time
is money).  In foreign countries they tend to grind C150 Type II longer and
finer to get it to hydrate like a Type I and thus the Type I / II
certification is a finer grind.  The only out is to limit the heat of
hydration within the C150 which will result in a more coarse grind.

The best option is to drop the C150 all together and switch to the C1157
specification and performance specify the cement.  There are a lot more
options in the C1157 as opposed to the C150.  You can fine tune the heat of
hydration performance aspect.

Regards,
Harold Sprague