Specific Gravity of coke

I am currently involved in a project to evaluate the condition of an existing delayed coking unit structure in a refinery.  The problem we are encountering right now is determining a reasonable value to use for the weight of the coke drums when they are full.  The client has given us a weight based on a specific gravity of 2.0 for the coke; however, we are having problems justifying the original design of the structure (vintage early 1960’s) using weights calculated on that basis.  Has anyone used a lower value for the s.g. of coke in the design of one of these structures?  I have heard the value of 1.53 discussed, but a disclaimer of “hearsay” was attached to it.

Thanks,

Chris Cummings, PE