Re: Specific Gravity of coke

Chris Cummings, PE

Table 7-4 of the AISC LRFD manual (2nd Edition)lists coke as 75 pcf, with
a specific gravity ranging from 1.0 to 1.4

However, this table also list Coke, Piled, as 23-32 pcf.  This is probably
the value that was used for the original design.  ( bulk coke has lots of
void spaces)

Ed.S.
Edwin R. Schmeckpeper, P.E., Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering                   Phone  : (208) 885-6702
University of Idaho                               FAX    : (208) 885-6608
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1022                          E-Mail : eds(--nospam--at)uidaho.edu