From: "Barbara Capello" <barbcapello(--nospam--at)eatel.net>
To: <seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Research
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:44:21 -0500

Sir, know this is a long shot, but one I had to try. My grandfather was a engineer in his early days around 1925, knew he built bridges and dams, know he worked on the Morgan City to Berwick, Louisiana bridge and Grace Memorial Bridge in Charleston---Mt. Pleasant, s.c. completed in 1926, he was suppose to have been the master mechanic over the construction of that bridge and worked crews of over a thousand men during its construction, know he also worked in Keithburg, Ill.Broderick, Calif., Metropolis, Ill., Attica, Indiana and Grand Tower, Ill. His name was Willie J. Allen or William J. Allen, he went by both names... Is their anyway you can help me get any information on him, I am trying to research my family tree and have hit a brick wall, any help you can give me wwould be appreciated. My dad also was a hoisting engineer, his name was Lloyd P. Allen ( Bill ) Know you have more important things to do and if you can't help I will understand. The Engineer Firm for the bridge in South Carolina was Waddell and Hardesty.
Thank you .  Barbara Allen Capello from Donaldsonville, La.     barbcapello(--nospam--at)eatel.net