From: CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:29:57 EDT
Subject: ASD9 Chapter K

While checking a beam for sidesway web buckling(Section K1.5), I noticed that
eqns K1-6 and K1-7 do not include Fsuby. If you calculate the equations as
shown, you end up with a in^2 unit, not kips as I would expect. I'm assuming
that the 6800 value must have a ksi unit but wouldn't the limits vary based
upon a 36 ksi vs 50 ksi yield stress or is this already factored in? Chapter
K of the LRFD spec's is similar.

TIA,

Charlie Canitz,PE
Bel Air, MD