Re: Cantilevered Wood Diaphragm

It was stated:

>>>In Los Angeles and other cities in So. Cal, we would not be able to
design this with cantilevers as you have attempted to do. We would have
to use moment frames on the exterior walls.<<<

I would appreciate it if somebody could explain how the proposed design by
Mr hart violates the code and what problem the perimeter moment frame would
correct.

If the concern is with deflection of the diaphragm then it would imply that
the spans of simply supported plywood diaphragms could not exceed 50 feet.

Mark Gilligan