Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Washers for A325 Bolts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Washers for A325 Bolts
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:12:53 -0500
Title: RE: Washers for A325 Bolts
>AISC recommends ASTM F436 flat washers for
>A325 Bolts. Assuming the bolts are
>tightened by the turn-of-the-nut method,
>is there any advantage (or
>disadvantage) of providing lock
>washer after the flat washer?
Lock washers will compress long before the pretension is achieved. So they will serve no purpose in a pretensioned bolted joint with A325 (or A490) bolts other than adding their cost.
- Prev by Subject: Washers for A325 Bolts
- Next by Subject: RE: Washers for A325 Bolts
- Previous by thread: RE: Washers for A325 Bolts
- Next by thread: Curved Retaining Walls