Re: Advertising

>Advertising by professionals of any type, be they Accountants, Auditors,
>Doctors, Lawyers or Engineers is everywhere considered unprofessional.
Not everywhere. The usual proscription in the US has been that an ad or
public notice not be 'self-laudatory.' Consulting engineers put so-called
business card ads in magazines and directories without risking anything
but a few hundred bucks. 'Self-laudatory' is interpreted somewhat loosely
by attorneys and cosmetic surgeons in the US, but engineering ads (see
the back pages of Mechanical Engineering) are usually tasteful,
especially compared to the flackery for some of the stuff we design or
the software we use.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw