Assistance needed for small projects in the Palm Springs area

I sent this post a while ago to both lists. Each list recognized the message
as a request for help (Until I removed the word help and replaced it with
"Assistance"). I apologize if you received a duplicate message, but I don't
think the original was distribute to the list members.

Dennis S. Wish.

To all:

I am receiving a lot of phone calls from desperate people who have small
projects and who can not find an engineer to take the work. There are only
six or eight local engineers in the area and all of us are very busy. Most
of my calls come as referrals from other engineers but the number of lose
ends are piling up on my desk. I feel bad when I have to turn these people
away. If at all possible, I would like to accommodate these people and could
use some help from other outside the area who may not be as busy.

I am seeking either a practicing engineer or an EIT who is about to take his
or her PE and has sufficient experience in residential remodels (mostly
wood, masonry and foundation work with some steel) and who can complete both
calculations and detailing unattended. You must also have excellent computer
skills including strong Internet skills as all the work will need to be
coordinated using e-mail, fax, and possibly extranet capabilities. Autocad
compatibility is essential as is coordination with most of the more commonly
used software analysis tools.

I would provide the following information:

1. All information submitted by the client,

2. Field Investigation (if required) and digital photos of the existing
conditions,

3. Coordination with you to obtain any additional information that is needed
to complete the work.

I will review the projects, make corrections as necessary (or discuss
alternatives) and when ready, will wet stamp the work for issuance of
permits.

If you are interested in attempting to deal with our overload in this
manner, please contact me privately at admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net to discuss
how and what is needed to make this work. If you are already in the Palm
Springs area and available, all the better.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net