Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Advertising[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Advertising
- From: Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net>
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 23:29:25 -0500
Personally, I always thought prohibiting advertising was unnecessarily stuffy. It made the engineering profession seem a bit too full of itself. Roger Turk wrote: > > In the 1970's, the U. S. Department of Justice, having no greater crimes to > investigate, assaulted the Codes of Ethics of various professional > engineering and architectural associations and declared that prohibiting or > controlling advertising was "restraint of trade."
- From: Roger Turk
- Prev by Subject: Advertising
- Next by Subject: AISC Punched Holes
- Previous by thread: Advertising
- Next by thread: reed clip