Re: Lat Torsional Buckling

Oh, sorry, I was thinking more in terms of a composite tube-and-wide flange
member.

And HSS is not as expensive now as it once was, due to economies of scale. I.e.
they are more commonly used, and so more reasonably priced.

In the situation you describe (and depending upon the detailing) HSS may be more
economical than C for your composite member.