Channel

Hello

I have a project built in 1949. The plans show a 12C10.7.  Is this the
modern day equiv. of the MC12 x 10.6?  The plans I have do not mention
it being a Junior channel.  The oldest Steel book we have in the office
is 1963 and it is the 6th edition so I am guessing that this building
was built using the 4th edition.  Also, what is the best estimate for
the allowable yield stress of the member?

TIA

Mike