RE: Bolting Books

Title: RE: Bolting Books

>I want to get a good reference book for structural bolting.  Any
>recommendations for a text on the subject?

I use these:

1994 RCSC LRFD Specification for Structural Joints Using ASTM A325 or A490 Bolts, which is available at http://www.boltcouncil.org/

Guide to Design Criteria for Bolted and Riveted Joints, 2nd Edition by Geoffrey L. Kulak, John W. Fisher and J.H.A. Struik, published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (1987). This one may be a bit hard to find as it is temporarily out of print. That's unfortunate, because it is the best bolting guidebook available. RCSC is working on curing that problem. In the interim, you may be able to find a copy through one of the internet book services.

Structural Bolting Handbook, by Robert E. Shaw, Jr., published by the Steel Structures Technology Center (SSTC) (1995), which is available at http://www.steelstructures.com/

An Introduction to the Design and Behavior of Bolted Joints, 3rd Edition, by John H. Bickford, published by Marcel Dekker, Inc. (1995).

Handbook of Bolts and Bolted Joints, by John H. Bickford and Sayed Nassar (Editors), published by Marcel Dekker, Inc. (1998).

Charlie