Re: Bolting Books

There are several books on the topic that might be more accessible
through Mechanical Engineering sources.  I have the Handbook of Joining
and Fastening (I'm not in town, so I can't cite the publisher and
author) that has a very complete listing of bolts, including their
geometries, allowable stresses, cross-references against differnet
organization/standards, etc.  It also covers rivets, welds, etc.  I
believe I bought that through the McGraw Hill  Mech. Engr. Book Club
about 6 years ago, so it might be available through their website.  Good
luck.

Bart Kemper