Re: Lat Torsional Buckling

> Kilgore:
> Did you explore possibilities of adding cross members to reduce the
laterally
> unbraced length of the lighter W-Section, in order to increase its
allowable
> stress?
>
> P. Rajendran
> Service & Technology Corporation

Actually, the Arch. changed some elevations, so I had to add some beams to
keep the whole frame from falling over.  The unbraced length is 26'-0" now
(still a 36'-0" span), but I haven't redesigned yet -- I'm waiting until
we're absolutely set on elevations before I spend any more time on it.

----
Jason W. Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com