RE: Bolting Books

The 2nd Edition "Guide to Design Criteria for Bolted and Riveted Joints"
that Charlie referred to is indeed very difficult to find. I just bought one
(my second) through a used book store (internet searches), after monitoring
the site for the past two months. There are numerous first editions out
there from 1974, however, and they may contain the information you seek.
Personally, I don't see much merit in the Handbook of Joining and Fastening,
at least for structural applications. AISC material (and mine) is much more
complete for applications.

Bob Shaw
Steel Structures Tech Center
www.steelstructures.com