From: Rodriguez, Marlou [mailto:mrodriguez(--nospam--at)BiggsCardosa.com]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 2:42 PM
To: 'SEAINT Newslist'
Subject: Building Codes used prior to 1927?

Does anyone know what building codes were used to design buildings prior to
1927, the year that the first edition of the Uniform Building Code was
published.  I know "The Code of Hammurabi was used back in 3000 BC" but that
is too far back for me.  I am primarily concerned about northern california.

Thanks for your help

Marlou B. Rodriguez
Biggs Cardossa Associates Inc.
Structural Engineers