Re: Embedded Anchor Bolts In Compression

That's the publication I'm using to do this design. I'm trying to put together a
Mathcad template to incorporate Cook's methodology. FWIW, it looks as though
this will be the "new" way to do anchor bolt design in the future as prescribed
by both ACI 318 and IBC. Cook seems to be saying that the methodology wasn't
ready for publication in those codes at the time they went to press, and the PCA
publication was done shortly afterward.

I note there are plenty of errata, silly little editorial mistakes, in the PCA
guide. That indicates a "rush to press".

However, I find the outlined methodology to be well thought-out. We've needed
something like this for some time now.

I also agree that adopting Equation A-11a of the PCA guide for determination of
compression capacity of a headed anchor looks to be reasonable.

Thanks for this.