Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Tack Welding Heavy Hex Nuts?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Tack Welding Heavy Hex Nuts?
- From: Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net>
- Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:02:55 -0500
A client standard I'm using shows "tack welding" the heavy hex nuts used at the base of the anchor bolt to the 1/4" plate template used to hold all the anchor bolts in place during construction. I don't really mind the template so much, but is "tack welding" really necessary? And if I MUST do so, what weldable heavy hex nut material is available for this? (Even though it's only a tack I'm concerned about embrittlement).
- Prev by Subject: Re: Swimming Pool Design
- Next by Subject: RE: Tack Welding Heavy Hex Nuts?
- Previous by thread: RE: Embedded Anchor Bolts In Compression
- Next by thread: RE: Tack Welding Heavy Hex Nuts?