Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: British Shapes

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I have a copy of the British "Steel Design Manual" which contains tables
for UB's (Universal Beams), UC's (Universal Columns), Castellated Beams and
other shapes. It is published by Granada and is by CONSTRADO, the
Constructional Steel Research and Development Organisation.
I'd be happy to look up some shapes for you.

Laura H. Watson, P.E.
Structural Engineer

> From: David P. Evangelista, PE <dpe(--nospam--at)>
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject: 
> Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 1:41 PM
> I am reviewing a set of plans prepared in the UK. The dimensions are in
> metric, which is not a problem. However, I am unfamiliar with the member
> designations. Does anyone know where I can access a reference which
> provides information regarding the shape and corresponding member
> designation for UK fab'd products????
> ******************
> David P. Evangelista, PE
> Evan Corporation
> 8 Reise Road
> Jamestown, RI  02835
> Ph 401.423.2230
> Fx 401.423.2785