From: Andy Costello <acost(--nospam--at)cwfab.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Timber frame house design - advice
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:55:54 -0400

I am going to do a large home addition on my timber frame house and
I am trying to get a good reference on calculating timber frame designs,
such as walls, floors, dormer trusses, etc. and also typical details,
such as nailing, connections etc.
As my job is in the steel field, I am not familiar with latest timber
design aids
and references. I really am looking forward to doing this project myself
and would be very greatful for any pointers in the right direction.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Andy Costello
Projects Team Leader
C&W Fabricators, Inc.