From: marfra(--nospam--at)opus.co.tt [mailto:marfra(--nospam--at)opus.co.tt]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 7:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: heavy first floor live loads

I am designing a factory building with a suspended floor that must
support live loads of 2000.0 p.s.f over an area 40 ft by 20 ft.

i want to use a concrete insitu slab supported on steel beams at 5'
centres. I have also tried to get the owners to put this load elsewhere
with no sucess.

Does anyone have any experience with such large live loads. Is there any
special problems to address.

Thanks
Mark Francois
marfra(--nospam--at)opus.co.tt