From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)home.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 8:51 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Analysis of pipes with large D/t ratios

AISCM (ASD) Vol 9 does not really address pipe sections with large D/t
ratios as far as I can tell. I'm sure there are local buckling issues
related to this, but I cannot find any guidelines with the exception of
Appendix B5 which addresses allowable axial stresses: Fa=662/(D/t)+0.40Fy.

Anyone else have a better guideline?

TIA,

Bill Allen, S.E.