RE: New edition of LRFD handbook

This information is on their web site,  http://www.aisc.org

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Charlie Carter [SMTP:carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com]
	Sent:	Friday, October 27, 2000 9:04 AM
	To:	'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
	Subject:	RE: New edition of LRFD handbook

	Based on what we were told by an AISC engineer at the "Lateral
Framing
	>When is the new edition of the LRFD manual coming out? I thought I
read
	>a mention about it coming out soon.

	The 1999 LRFD Specification is being printed now. The 3rd Edition
LRFD Manual is now being developed and assembled based upon that
specification and will be available in late October, 2001.

	>[and AISC representative said] on 10/25/00 it is complete and is in
the process of
	>being printed now.

	I'm guessing you mean Steve Ashton, and I'm certain he meant what he
said in regard to the 1999 Specification, not the 3rd Edition Manual. In any
case, I gave you the straight story above.

	>They also told us that the committees which update the manual are
	>considering a dual specification (ASD/LRFD) for the 2005 edition!

	The 2005 Specification will be a unified document. At that point,
there will no longer be an LRFD Specification or an ASD Specification, just
an AISC Specification. It's still too early to tell exactly what it will
look like, but I'm certain it will incorporate the best of both into a
specification that is economical, practical and easy to use.

	Charlie