Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ASD Remains Alive and Well ![Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: ASD Remains Alive and Well !
- From: James_F_Fulton(--nospam--at)RohmHaas.Com (James F Fulton)
- Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:12:04 -0500
Hallelujah brethren !! I just attended the current touring AISC seminar ("Lateral Framing Systems East of the Rockies"), in which I learned that: (1) the 1999 edition to the current 1993 LRFD Spec is due out soon; (2) the next edition will be published in 2005; AND (3) this 2005 edition will contain Specs for both LRFD *AND* ASD ! The comment made by the AISC rep was "we heard the profession". However, I suspect that there will be no 10th Edition of the Manual to go along with the 2005 ASD Spec, and I am suspicious that there will be significant changes to the ASD Specs, but without the convenience of an updated Manual to go along with this, THEY hope the ASDer's will say to hell with it, I'm not fighting this anymore--I'm goin' to LRFD. How's that for perception (and paranoia) ! We were also told that in the 1999 LRFD Spec, load combination provisions will be only by reference to ASCE 7--they will not be repeated in the Spec.
- Prev by Subject: Re: ASD Load Combinations
- Next by Subject: RE: ASD Remains Alive and Well !
- Previous by thread: RE: Diaphragms
- Next by thread: RE: ASD Remains Alive and Well !