SOIL CLASS INFORMATION

Dear SEAOSC Server,

My name is Fernando Moreu.

I am a graduate student researching building earhquakes response at the
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

I am seeking a soil class at a certain location, which I need for the
research project I will be working during the next 4 months.

This research project intends to reproduce the behavior of an already
measured reinforce concrete building which was severely damaged during the
1994 Northridge, California, earthquake.

My project needs to closely identify the former structure so it can be
successfully modeled.

The purpose of this research is to contribute to improving the performance
assestment criteria for reinforced concrete structures as well as the
performance-based earthquake engineering for rc buildings.

The seven story building is the Holiday Inn hotel located at Van Nuys. It
is just east of the San Diego Freeway at Roscoe Boulevard; its address is

Holiday Inn hotel
8244 Orion Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406

For the design of the earthquake loads, I need to classify the soil where
the structure is grounded.

Would anyone have an idea of the soil classification and type at this
location.  The information is intended for modelling purposes only and
will not be used for other things.

For any aditional information you may need, please contact me anytime.

Sincerely,
Fernando

Fernando Moreu
309 E John St #3