Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
SOIL CLASS INFORMATION[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: SOIL CLASS INFORMATION
- From: fernando moreu <moreualo(--nospam--at)students.uiuc.edu>
- Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:45:45 -0600 (CST)
Dear SEAOSC Server, My name is Fernando Moreu. I am a graduate student researching building earhquakes response at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am seeking a soil class at a certain location, which I need for the research project I will be working during the next 4 months. This research project intends to reproduce the behavior of an already measured reinforce concrete building which was severely damaged during the 1994 Northridge, California, earthquake. My project needs to closely identify the former structure so it can be successfully modeled. The purpose of this research is to contribute to improving the performance assestment criteria for reinforced concrete structures as well as the performance-based earthquake engineering for rc buildings. The seven story building is the Holiday Inn hotel located at Van Nuys. It is just east of the San Diego Freeway at Roscoe Boulevard; its address is Holiday Inn hotel 8244 Orion Ave Van Nuys, CA 91406 For the design of the earthquake loads, I need to classify the soil where the structure is grounded. Would anyone have an idea of the soil classification and type at this location. The information is intended for modelling purposes only and will not be used for other things. For any aditional information you may need, please contact me anytime. Sincerely, Fernando ======================== Fernando Moreu 309 E John St #3 Champaign, Il 61820 USA office: (217) 333 5963 home: (217) 328 6777
- Prev by Subject: Re: SOFTWARE: Question re AFPA/AWC WoodWorks 97 "Sizer"
- Next by Subject: Sorry Mathcad question (delete if you do
- Previous by thread: RE: ASD Remains Alive and Well !
- Next by thread: Test Please Delete