RE: ASD Remains Alive and Well !

Title: RE: ASD Remains Alive and Well !

....sorry if this is a duplicate posting, we've had some server problems...

Here's the straight scoop (cut-and-pasted from a previous posting I made).

The 2005 AISC Specification for Structural Steel Buildings will be a unified document. At that point, there will no longer be an LRFD Specification or an ASD Specification, just an AISC Specification. It's still too early to tell exactly what it will look like, but I'm certain it will incorporate the best of both into a specification that is economical, practical and easy to use.

Charlie