RE: Sorry Mathcad question (delete if you don't want to read)

Marlou-

It depends on how you wrote your moment function.

If you set up an array and divided your beam into n segments, you have
created a matrix for M. This way, you can find the maximum value of the
matrix by using the max function.

If you have a closed form solution M(x)=f(x), then you have to use the root
function. Search on "find" or "root" in the Mathcad index to show you how to
do this.

Finally, I recommend that you verify your results from a known solution.

The good news? You've already done the hard part.

Good luck,

Bill Allen, S.E.