Re: Sorry Mathcad question (delete if you don't want to read)

Wherever your expression for shear equals zero along the beam, the moment
in the beam is at a maximum or a minimum, i.e. dM/dx =0, since shear is the
rate of change of moment.
If you draw a moment diagram for your beam from, say, left to right, and
the shear diagram changes from positive to negative, the moment will be at
a positive maximum where the shear diagram changes from positive to
negative. There are cases, however, where this will not apply, like a
cantilever beam under gravity loading where the maximum moment and the
maximum shear occur at the fixed end of the beam.

Laura H. Watson, P.E.