Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
single plate shear connections edge distance[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: single plate shear connections edge distance
- From: Ken Peoples <lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:38:21 -0800 (PST)
Our detailers have a question that I was unsure of the answer: When doing single plate shear connections with 3/4" dia bolts (9th ed. p 4-54 or the Vol. II connections), would it be acceptable to use 1 1/4" vertical edge distances at the top and bottom of the plate instead of 1 1/2"? I am thinking that it would be reasonable to assume that the allowable load would multiplied by a ratio of the length of new plate over the length of plate in the tables since the proposed plate would be 1/2" shorter - conservatively assuming that the weld length controls. If block shear controlled, I guess this approach would also be close. Your thoughts are always appreciated.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E. Lehigh Valley Technical Associates 2102 Main St. Suite 200 Northampton, PA 18067 ph: 610-262-6345 fax: 610-262-8188 email: lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net
Do You Yahoo!?
>From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
- Prev by Subject: RE: single plate shear connections edge
- Next by Subject: RE: single plate shear connections edge distance
- Previous by thread: California government report on income
- Next by thread: RE: single plate shear connections edge distance