NCEES STRU I EXAM

A quick question for those who took the October NCEES Stru I exam: any
advice on whether an expensive HP or TI calculator is worth the investment?
I recently ordered the text/ref books previously recommended (THANKS!) but
was wondering about the new calc's available. I heard that they (hp48gx or
hp49g) were great if you were taking the civil; but, I don't personally know
anybody who has recently taken the stru exam. Any and all advise greatly
appreciated for my journey into misery (and hopefully success) next April.
:)

-Donna