Re: NCEES STRU I EXAM

John:

I would assume that the large fee for the Struct II exam is a function of
supply and demand.  There is not much demand for the Struct II exam, thus
fewer people take it and therefore the ecomonies of scale just aren't
there to make it affordable for NCEES to charge a smaller about.
Besides...keep in mind the it takes MUCH more effect to "grade" the Struct
II exam since it does not contain ANY multiple guess problems (I am
assuming that the Struct I exam is now in the same format as the Civil PE
exam...all multiple guess).

With regards to the Struct III exam, I am not much help yet...I am
currently planning on taking it (if permitted, etc.) in the spring.  I am
sure that someone on the list will offer some insight into it for you.  If
not, wait a few months until I have completed torturing myself, and then I
will likely be able to offer some insight.

Scott