Re: AISC Table 8-33 question

> Is the great AISC silver book fallible?

The silver book is far from infallible.  The professor for our steel design
class gave us a list of errata that we pasted in our 1994 books.

For example:
Table 8-14 pg. 8-26:  "Nominal Bolt Diameter" should be "End Distance"

Table 9-4, pgs. 9-89 and 9-90: We pasted new values over the entire column
giving phiRn for the "A" welds.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the only ones I remember.

And speaking of this subject, does anyone know of where to get a complete
list of errata for the AISC books (ASD and LRFD)?  I'd like to make sure
that I have *all* the problems corrected.  I checked the web site but
couldn't find anything.

----
Jason W. Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.