From: Sprague, Harold O. [mailto:SpragueHO(--nospam--at)bv.com]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 10:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: AISC Table 8-33 question

RE:  AISC LRFD Vol. #2 Connections, Table 8-33 on page 8-99.

Column - Max. thickness, in.
Row - A500

What is the maximum thickness of 1/2 indicating?
        Is it the maximum weld thickness?  I don't think so.
        Is it the maximum material thickness available?  It can't be since
ASTM A500 Section 1.2 lists the maximum thickness of 0.625".

Is the great AISC silver book fallible?  What next ...... ASD for seismic,
social unrest, anarchy, riots in the streets?

Charlie Carter (or other steel sage), please lead us to the light!

Regards,
Harold Sprague