RE: The Steel Committee of California

Lanny,

I appreciate the response, and the document.  I am glad to hear that you are
developing a new and improved version.

I might also suggest that you add:
1.	Coping costs.  If you have a beam that has the same depth as the
girder there are 2 copes required.  If you increase the girder depth, you
add steel but eliminate one cope.  We need a tool to figure which way is
more economical.
2.	Stripping the flange cost as opposed to a cope.
3.	What do holes cost, and what are the fabrication limitations on
punched holes, drilled holes, plasma cut holes.
4.	How can we design to optimize a beam line.

You might want to put Bill Thornton of Cives Steel in the loop.  He knows
connection economics, and has written some good articles on the topic.

Regards,
Harold Sprague