Re: Story Drift Limits for Wind Load

Bill:

As mentioned by others, the codes really don't address this issue.  It
will be governed more by project specific criteria (type of exterior skin,
how close is adjacent buildings, if a "high rise" then dynamic properties
relative to human comfort, etc).

I have seen H/200 (or so) used for metal panel clad buildings.  I seen
(and used) H/400 or H/500 used for buildings clad in masonry.

Hope that helps,

Scott