need help

Hello. is there anyone know how to make a base plate become rigid?
i need the answer for my thesis. and may i ask another question. To design a steel low rise building maybe for 3 story buildings by using etabs 6.10 ( using LRFD Method) , using WF profiles. How to know that we have used the most economical and efficient profiles? for seismic, how about the time period ( Tx and Ty ) if i used Profile WF? as long as i know if the Inertia ( Ix and Iy ) are same, the time period ( Tx and Ty ) have to same too or have close value between Tx and Ty to do the best design. What if we use WF profile, how about the time period ( Tx and Ty )?
Thanks for ur help.
I appreciate all answer.
Thanks.
May God Bless U.