Re: Swimming Pool Design

This is a non-structural consideration, but may prevent potential
structural problems.  A number of years ago, a local architect designed an
upper level swimming pool for a hotel and specified a huge "shower pan" below
the swimming pool to collect any condensation or leaks.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Raghu S. Pendyala wrote:

>>Chris,
 The recreational deck, where the pool will be, is the 5th floor approx.
20m(65
ft) above ground.

I have the tech data on plexi-glass and in the process of running a non-linear
FE model the wall using the spec loading.  As the first step, I want to
validate
the spec loading of 50 KPa.

Quick question - Are there any loading codes in the US which give rules on
overhead swimming pools / aquaria etc. ?<<