Vote YES On Proposition 35 (one last reminder

I may be preaching to the choir, but I didn't see any 11th. hour YES on 35
reminders today.  Most of you probably have already voted by mail.  But, please
pass this on to the other registered California voters:

It is very important for you to vote YES on proposition 35, and urge other
California voters you know to vote YES on 35.  Proposition 35 is an attempt to
allow private sector consultants (architects and engineers) to compete along
with Caltrans engineers for public works projects.  More than 30 daily
newspapers, 20 taxpayer groups and 400 cities, counties, local governments and
others agree -- Prop. 35 is a common-sense way to get overdue traffic, transit,
school and other projects done on-time and on-budget.

This straightforward initiative simply gives state and local governments the
flexibility to use private sector engineers to help complete these overdue
projects sooner, safely and at a taxpayer savings of $2.5 billion every year.
And, this would be done using the same competitive selection process used by
most other states.

But the Caltrans bureaucrats are spending millions to confuse and scare you.
Why?  Simple - so they can keep all the work in-house.

Who are you going to believe?  More than 30 daily newspapers, 20 taxpayer groups
and 400 cities, counties, local governments and others who say vote "yes" -- or
Caltrans who wants you to vote "no."

I'm voting "yes" on Proposition 35 and I hope you will too.  If you want more
information, you can go to the campaign website at:  www.YesProp35.com .

Please remember to vote tomorrow (if you haven't done so by mail).

Tom Benson at Lowney Associates
1785 Locust Street, Suite 10
Pasadena, CA 91106-1614
(626) 396-1490
FAX: (626) 396-1491
Geotechnical & Environmental Engineering Services

Vote YES on Proposition 35:  see www.yesprop35.com