RE: Floor level of attached garages

I believe a reason for the difference in the floor elevation from a garage
space to a living space is the exhaust from car engines.  If I recall
correctly, some of the "bad" portions of exhaust from cars are "heavy"
gases, which would mean that they would stay low to the floor.  The jump
up in elevation from the garage to living spave is to prevent these gases
from entering the living space and causing harm.

Scott