Re: Cantilever System (Help!)

Alfonso
It seems to me that you need to satisfy the Drift limits and have to
account for the discontinuity as described in Table 16M of the code.  Note,
Section 1630.8.2.1 would penalize you by ( Omega factor) for seismic load
combination.  I am not sure how are you dealing with the moment connection
at the lower diaphragm level to force the shear and moment to the lower
diaphragm. May you elaborate more.

Samir Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates