Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Cantilever System (Help!)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Cantilever System (Help!)
- From: Samir Ghosn <sghosn(--nospam--at)harris-assoc.com>
- Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:56:50 -0800
Alfonso It seems to me that you need to satisfy the Drift limits and have to account for the discontinuity as described in Table 16M of the code. Note, Section 1618.104.22.168 would penalize you by ( Omega factor) for seismic load combination. I am not sure how are you dealing with the moment connection at the lower diaphragm level to force the shear and moment to the lower diaphragm. May you elaborate more. Samir Ghosn, P.E. Harris & Associates At 10:28 AM 11/7/2000 -0800, you wrote: > I used R=2.2 to get the seismic load at the higher roof. My >argument is that the support at the diaphragm level and at the foundation >level created a couple moment to serve as a moment base. Thanks in >advance, > Alfonso S. Quilala Jr. , P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Cantilever System (Help!)
- Next by Subject: Re: Cantilever System (Help!)
- Previous by thread: Re: Cantilever System (Help!)
- Next by thread: Re: Cantilever System (Help!)