Carpentry references that show HOW TO BUILD wood shear walls

Seen any good references that show carpenters how to build shear walls?  (REAL shear walls:  with openings, beam pockets, steps in their footings, et cetera;  NOT just rectangular ones on a flat slab...).  Magazine articles are good, too, such as from the Journal of Light Construction or Fine Homebuilding  (at least FHB has good graphics, even if  their stories often make us engineers cringe).

I am giving a shear wall "seminar" to the local Contractors Assoc. in Feb 2001,  and would love to refer them to something that shows actual construction.

Most of the contractors in my area know that shear walls involve plywood and lots of nails, but that's the extent of their understanding.

Thank you!

Thor Matteson   SE