Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
QUERY: HSS Connections Manual Erratum?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org, structx(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc, aec-residential(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc
- Subject: QUERY: HSS Connections Manual Erratum?
- From: Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net>
- Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 11:05:49 -0600
HELP, my head is fuzzy from staying up until 2:00 PM local time to watch the election returns. Someone please check me, here: On page 5-17 of the HSS Connections Manual (the 1997 "Black Book") at the very bottom of the page is an example of a calculation to check wall crippling for a cap plate connection to a W18 section. At the end of the equation being calculated, they seem to use Fy of the W section (in this example it is 36 ksi) rather than Fy of the HSS (which would be 46 ksi). Is this a misprint, or am I missing something? Hope Charlie or Harold or someone of equal genius with steel design can check this out for me.
- Prev by Subject: Re: QUERY: Do You Use Adobe Acrobat To Create CalculationDocuments?
- Next by Subject: RE: QUERY: HSS Connections Manual Erratum?
- Previous by thread: FEMA 350 B.U.E.P. Questions
- Next by thread: RE: QUERY: HSS Connections Manual Erratum?