Fiberglass church steeple support - need opinions

I am presently involved in a renovation/addition project which involves
setting a 40 foot+ fiberglass steeple on an existing gable roof ridge of a
wood frame church at approximately 40 feet above the ground. The church was
constructed in the late 1890's, and only has 2X rafters with a midspan
brace/purlin. Roof angle is about 45 degrees, and the rafters are spaced
16" c.c. The wind load moment from the manufacturer of the steeple at the
bottom of the steeple is 113,545 ft.-lbs. and the steeple base has a width
dimension of about 6'-6". Steeple weight is only 2600 lbs.

I'm considering a steel frame inside the existing construction as I haven't
found an economical way to support these wind loads with wood. Any
suggestions?

Laura H. Watson, P.E.