Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Analysis of pipes with Large D/t ratios.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAINT <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Analysis of pipes with Large D/t ratios.
- From: "M Hariharan/engg" <hariharan.m(--nospam--at)eil.co.in>
- Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 12:56:36 +0530
It appears that the pipe is being used as a beam or column. In such a case refer to API RP 2A - 20th Edition (Working stress Design) of American Petroleum Institute. Permissible stresses for axial compresstion, bending, local buckling and interaction formulae are all covered there. However, if you have concentrated loads you should go for a detailed analysis or locally stiffen the member to distribute the effect. M. Hariharan
- Prev by Subject: Re: Analysis of pipes with large D/t ratios
- Next by Subject: Anchor Bolts Design
- Previous by thread: Test Delete
- Next by thread: Epoxy Grout for Rock Anchors