Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
UBC 1997 for THREE MORE YEARS[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: UBC 1997 for THREE MORE YEARS
- From: Shafat Qazi <seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 10:19:37 -0800
Whittier, CA -- On October 25, 2000, the California Building Standards Commission (CBSC) voted to remain on the now outdated 1997 Uniform Building Code (UBC) for another three years and not to adopt the new 2000 International Building Code. This vote went against the recommendation of a committee of experts created by the CBSC (2000 Code Partnership) to study this issue over an eighteen month period. It also means taking an unnecessary step backward in California's building safety regulations, including its earthquake provisions for the construction of homes and other buildings.
More details of this news available at:
- Prev by Subject: Two-Tiered SE Licensing (Sort of long...)
- Next by Subject: Re: UBC 1997 for THREE MORE YEARS
- Previous by thread: RE: "billets" and "mill"
- Next by thread: Redundancy factor 1.0 for single story wood framed?