Re: Redundancy factor 1.0 for single story wood framed?

Ben - Your best bet for California seismic amendments would be to contact
DSA and OSHPD with suggested amendments. HCD plans to rely on these other
agencies to take the seismic lead and coordinate seismic matters since HCD
doesn't have engineers with this kind of expertise on their staff.

CBSC states it will give serious consideration to adopting such amendments
for other occupancies than those regulated by DSA and OSHPD if it meets the
state's 9 point evaluation criteria and simplies the adoption matrices.

You should try to have these amendments ASAP - much sooner than January 3rd.
January 3rd is when the CBSC will meet to take action on the amendments and
start the public review process.

Fred Turner, Staff Structural Engineer, California Seismic Safety
Commission, 1755 Creekside Oaks Drive Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95833
916-263-0582 Work Phone, 916-263-0594 Fax fturner(--nospam--at)quiknet.com