Enercalc-Pole Embedment in Soil

Enercalc calculates the soil pressure at 1/3 depth by taking the full
calculated embedment depth, d.

UBC defines d as the "depth of embedment in earth in feet but not over 12
feet for the purpose of computing lateral pressure."

So, for d greater than 12 feet, Enercalc still takes the full d rather than
12 feet in calculating the passive soil pressure. This yields unconservative
results.

Does anybody know why? Am I missing something? I contacted Enercalc three
days ago, but received no response yet, and their office is closed till next
Tuesday.

Thanks in Advance.