Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Enercalc-Pole Embedment in Soil[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Enercalc-Pole Embedment in Soil
- From: OTATSDGSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 20:46:02 EST
Enercalc calculates the soil pressure at 1/3 depth by taking the full calculated embedment depth, d. UBC defines d as the "depth of embedment in earth in feet but not over 12 feet for the purpose of computing lateral pressure." So, for d greater than 12 feet, Enercalc still takes the full d rather than 12 feet in calculating the passive soil pressure. This yields unconservative results. Does anybody know why? Am I missing something? I contacted Enercalc three days ago, but received no response yet, and their office is closed till next Tuesday. Thanks in Advance.
- Prev by Subject: Employment opportunity
- Next by Subject: RE: Enercalc-Pole Embedment in Soil
- Previous by thread: URM Design Criteria
- Next by thread: RE: Enercalc-Pole Embedment in Soil