RE: UBC 1997 for THREE MORE YEARS

"Just because they are not moving forward(i.e. the 2000 IBC), doesn't mean
that they are moving backwards.  It would be more accurate to characterize
the decision as California will be staying in one place for another three
years."

A fine point.  To read the press releases, you'd think that CA had voted to
return to the '94 UBC.  Too bad I already spent $85 on what may turn out to
be a dust collector, although I don't think that the state that I work in
has made any decision yet, so my investment may yet pay off.

Paul Crocker