RE: Enercalc-Pole Embedment in Soil

Its a buggy set of programs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oshin Tosounian [mailto:sdgse(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 11:15 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Enercalc-Pole Embedment in Soil

In a message dated 11/9/2000 6:31:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
george(--nospam--at)BORM.com writes:

<< Go much over 12 feet and you may no longer have a rigid pole with respect
the soil.  I believe that the 12 feet came out of the original tests done by
the Billboard industry.  I will push the equation for large piers but not by
much.

Thanks, but the question was why Enercalc doesn't limit d to 12 feet when
calculating the soil pressure.

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.
Los Angeles, CA